I'm still alive and I'm still drawing. Most of my doodles are on newsprint or in a sketchbook, which I'm too busy to photograph these days. However, I'd like to keep the cobwebs off this page and sweep the old stuff under the rug, so here's a new post.
Below are a few digital studies from life and reference done over the past couple of months. The portraits are based off of black-and-white images from the Fairburn System of Visual Reference, a classic set of reference volumes for illustrators. I'm starting to develop a good process for painting digitally using a minimal set of tools.
I plan on doing more of these.







3 comments:
Cool studies, dude!
really really nice! can't wait to see more now that you'll be doing this very soon professionally ;)
wow sherwin, these are beautiful! awesome studies! that visual reference thing looks pretty helpful :O
Post a Comment