
Three hours. I painted this portrait on one of those inexpensive $2 Speedball pre-gessoed panels that my old teacher Rick warned me about using. I was feeling cheap though, and of course, got my money's worth. The paint kept slipping off this thing, and unless I piled it on thick, every brushstroke would strip the paint underneath it to reveal the white of the board. Gah!
Overall, it wasn't too terrible an experience, as in the process I learned more about proper brush handling and of making a habit to apply more and more paint - ha!
2 comments:
It looks like you made the best of your resources though. A practice on cheap panel is worth more in the long run. The expression and features are certainly recognizable in other faces I've seen. (It has a hint of one of my aunts)
By the way, you never did send that group photo! Heh...
its interesting the way You´re using the time in your works. I think your achievements are bigger than you thinks!
Post a Comment