Monday, August 25, 2008

Anna Maria Pierangeli


Four-and-a-half hours. For my head drawing class, we're supposed to sketch from reference and take to a finished render one head a week. I honestly don't know much about Anna Maria Pierangeli. Looking her up at IMDB it seems as if she was involved with James Dean at one point, and like him, also passed away at a relatively young age.

Her neck right now is really bothering me. It looks like a goofy cast shadow, but it's actually the collar of a button-up blouse, which I admittedly should have indicated more clearly before I decided to call it quits for the night. I'll keep in mind not to introduce such bizarre reads into my drawings in the future.

(I'll probably work on the drawing a bit before class tomorrow, and if I finish, I'll edit this post with the revised version.)

EDIT: I fixed the structure of the head, pounded in the blacks, and cleaned up the halftones. This drawing could be further refined (for example, the eyes are probably too large), but I'm growing weary of it and am eager to move onto the next challenge. You know, that reminds me of a saying I heard somewhere: drawings and paintings are never finished, just merely abandoned. It's true.

No comments: